draining heater tr3a

To: "Chris Jameson" <chrisjameson@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: draining heater tr3a
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:58:49 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i5SC1COJ029263
Message text written by "Chris Jameson"
>Having just finished installing a heater in my 3a, I am wondering whether
people actually drain these during the summer months.if so, is there an
easy routine? (eg. Close the tap, open the outlet hose and drain the core).
I would think that leaving the heater full and not circulating for a few
months might cause some corrosion?
<

It is impossible to drain the heater core unless you pull it out and turn
it upside down.  I guess you could used compressed air to blow the water
out but that would not get all of it, I predict.  Besides, all that
corrosion is not from the heater, it is from the eingine block.  A partical
filter would be a better approach.

Dave