TR3-4 water pump pulley

To: mathews@uga.edu, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3-4 water pump pulley
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:40:59 -0500
Greetings Doug,

As I've mentioned on the list before, I've had 2 instances of water pump
pulley failure in the last several years on my '64 TR4.  In each case
the failed pulley (one disintegrated - very dramatic at 75 mph, the
other quickly wore at the bore to the point of wobble) was "made in
Taiwan", sourced recently from one of the 3 main mail order suppliers in
the U.S.  I'd only use an after market, non StanPart pulley, in an
emergency until I could get my hands on an original.  There is a
noticable weight difference between the two. I have a StanPart pulley on
the car now.

brgds, Jay Holekanp

'64 TR4 CT38895LO
Wheaton, IL