Re: Tying down a trailered car

To: rbtr3a@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tying down a trailered car
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:38:40 -0400
In a message dated 6/24/2004 9:41:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Blake responded
to Ronnie:

> Now to your question about HOW to secure the cars.  I use axle straps and
> the ratcheted 2 inch straps, one set on each corner of the car.  Check them
> at every stop you make, especially if they are new, because they stretch a
> bit.  Also, be sure the cars are centered side to side on the trailer as
> well, it makes a huge difference.

=====

Great ideas all. I would only add that you might want to consider lashing an
old tire or two between vehicles as "padding." Short of welding or bolting each
car to the trailer (not practical!), some movement of each car on the trailer
WILL to happen on big bumps or sudden slow-downs. I've seen it and experienced
it, and the results aren't often pretty. :-(

--Andy Mace