Air Compressers- From a Pro

To: JOSEPH MATO <joemato@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Air Compressers- From a Pro
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:16:18 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net i5HCIbgs019604
Message text written by JOSEPH MATO
>I talked to my friend who said to really sandblast you need a 5hp 2stage
compresser with a 80 gallon tank. Anything less and you are waiting for it
to catch up. And the famous last words" they'll sell you anything"
<

Is that a real 5HP compressor or is it a compressor with a 5 HP motor that
is loaded to 2 HP.  Note that a motor with a 100% efficiency loaded to 5 HP
will draw 30 ampls from a 120 V tap.  If sombody trys to sell you a 5 HP
compressor that runs off of 120 V, run, don't walk, away.

Dave