RE: Disappointment

To: "Dale VanCleef" <dalebonn@netnitco.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Disappointment
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 08:06:42 -0400 from [4.12.36.162] at Sun, 6 Jun 2004 07:06:41 -0500
Check your u-joints and driveshaft. Easiest to look at and very likely the
problem.

Friday, we finally we had a beautiful day here in NW Indiana USA.  I
couldn't pass up the opportunity to drive my '73 TR6 to work.  What a
joy!  On the way home, while pulling away from a stop sign,  I heard two
clunks from the rear of the car.  My exact thought was, "That can't be
good."  When I let the clutch in at the next stop sign, it didn't move.
With the help of a good samaritan, I shoved it to the side of the road.
While waiting for a wrecker, I got 4 compliments on the "cool car".  I
guess that's worth something.  1/2 an hour later, it was loaded on a
flat bed wrecker and heading home.  While pushing it into the garage, I
could hear something bumping/banging/clanking around under the rear of
the car.  I haven't had time to get under it to see what broke.   Sadly,
it may be a while before I can spend much time on it.

Is there anything obvious and/or easy that I should check out first?