gear reduction starter for '62 TR4 i54E3Ngs004803

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: gear reduction starter for '62 TR4 i54E3Ngs004803
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:58:16 -0400
Starter is shot and so I need to replace it. I was wondering whether anyone has
put the Hi Torque Starter from Moss on their TR4. Replacing the starter seems
pretty straight forward - - two bolts and the old on is off --  two bolts and
the new one is on. But, Moss says" Some modifications may be necessary to
install" and "For cars with open drive starter and bolt-on ring gear."
What am I missing here???

TIA!

Andy Taylor
Boston

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents,
files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain
confidential information including Protected Health Information (PHI)
that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or
designee, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of any and all attachments to this transmission is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender. Please destroy the original
transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any
manner. Thank you. Hebrew Rehabilitation Center for Aged and its
affiliates.