wiper motor brushes-help!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: wiper motor brushes-help!
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 22:14:33 GMT
I'd been having trouble w/draggy wiper motor.  I took it apart and
found that among other things, I need brushes.  I ordered part #
18-042. expecting to find only replacement brushes.  I got the brushes
premounted on a replacement plate.  That's fine, I can deal w/the
changes to the plug in for the power supply to the motor.  But upon
closer examination, the plate is not made the same, notched out in the
correct places or anything similar.  The overall "half moon" shape is
the same, but the specifics are different.
  Has anyone ever run into this problem?  Can this be adapted?  Do I
need to send it back and shop somewhere else?  What does the list
recommend?  Thanks in advance, ya'll, as ususal, I couldn't make it
w/o out ya'll on the list!  Bryan