Replacing an Instrument Cluster - Tool with any abuse report

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacing an Instrument Cluster - Tool with any abuse report
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 16:45:29 -0400 (EDT)
 I seem to recall a discussion thread about a tool used for the
exterior ring for the lights and switches.  I forgot the conclusion.
Does such a tool exist and where do I get it?  Is it something I need
to fabricate?  Should I just make do with the tip of a screwdriver?
Replacing my instrument panel has moved to top priority.  While
enjoying a warm, clear day driving about yesterday, the car's engine
died.  I could re-start the engine again but the engine would die
again in a few minutes.  After receiving the moral help from people
check out the car and my problem, I was able to get home eventually as
the engine died again and I coasted down my driveway.  It seems that
there is a loose connection (or loose ground) in the ammeter area.  So
it's best that I dis-assemble and reinstall the instrument panel and
things soon.  Nevertheless, I plan to go to the Annual British Car
Show in Clinton, NJ on Sunday, June 6.Steve PecaAnnandale, New
Jersey1958 TR3A - TS23867L