Re: PCV for TR3A

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PCV for TR3A
From: "dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:07:09 +0100
I do believe that the later PCV valve set up from the TR4A would be an
improvement for an earlier car, if originality is not required. It would be
more environment friendly.

I would add that synthetic oils are a not an option for the TR engine unless
the engine is newly reconditioned with tighter tolerances than original.
This subject has done the rounds before so I will not dwell on the subject,
suffice to say TR engines were designed for single weight oil in the 1940s.
20/50 multigrade is really too modern for them but perfectly adequet.

Regards
Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O