Re: Water pump housings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water pump housings
From: AVALON2455@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:48:47 EST
Jeff!

Mon Dieu!!!  Yes!!!!   They are at least worth $40 each! Most especially if
they are original with the that little grease fitting!  (If not, you'd probably
have to take it apart and look) Seals are easy to find, no problem.  Bearings
new or NOS, impossible.  But then again, some of those old ones are just
fine, made by Hoffmann.....and can be cleaned and reused.  The surface for the
seal on the housing can be refurbished, if not too pitted and rusted.   Be
extra
sure to keep the pulley with the pump.  Unfortunately they are not
interchangeable!

For example:  I would be glad to give you $25 for a good used Hoffmann
bearing.  (It reads on the outer race:  HOFFMANN      117FS V2    ENGLAND  RQPO

(delta)/V......Inner race:  N3179V2     QPO )  Bearings toward the pulley end
of the shaft are almost always bad, those on the opposite end are frequently
good.  (Glad to pay postage both ways if not satisfactory to me!)

Questions?

Cheers!

Clark

P.S. The last I paid for a used original pump (with grease fitting) was $40
from Chris, sight unseen.  If your pumps are replacement pumps, without that
original grease fitting...they are probably useless, unless they have those
Hoffmann bearings.