RE: Carburator Rebuilds--TR3A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Carburator Rebuilds--TR3A
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 18:15:33 -0500

On 13 Mar 2004 Randall Y wrote (re a TR3A):

> Centering the jets is very important,

So we have a Randall Y and a Randall Z.  We need a Randall X,
preferrably who drives a TR3B to complete the sequence. :-)  Sorry
about the silliness, but not too sorry.

Now for the real reasons I'm writing this note.  Firstly, I realize
the query was about a TR3, with reference to experience on an MGB.
Note that the later SU cabs had non-centered needles as a "feature"
of emission control.  The needles were spring-loaded to rub
constantly against one side of the jet.  Obviously these weren't
supposed to be centered.  Also obviously, this doesn't apply to a
TR3.  Secondly, I fired up the GT6 this afternoon!  Yaaay!  (Took a
while though.)  The yellow orb returned today too.  Tomorrow will be
a good day.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com