Re: TR6 oversized seals-answer

To: "bernd" <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>, "Don Malling" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, "6 pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 oversized seals-answer
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:53:18 -0500
Guys, another thing to consider is that the sleeves would be 2 sizes with an
interruption between them, they would of necessity be very thin and would
need to be sized after installation. What he is saying is if I have to bore
the cylinders anyway why not just fit oversize pistons and seals and be done
with it. I faced this same issue with him when I sent mine in to be done. He
called me and explained what he does on an exchange basis and at less cost,
it made sense to me. The only problem that I now have with all of this is
his note and perhaps disclaimer saying don't use Silicone Fluid. I am
guessing that he says that for liability reasons only and I understand why
he would do so.
JVV