Re: Leaky Brake Master

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Leaky Brake Master
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:43:04 -0400
On 12 Oct 2003 at 20:56, rjoles wrote:
>       I'm having a weird problem with my GT6. The brake master is leaking
>between
> the reservoir and the master cylinder casting.

I went through that with a new MC for mine.  I don't recall with
certainty what I did about it!  I believe I think I remember that I
took the rubber o-ring out of the old one because the new one didn't
seem big enough.  But then again, I might be misssrememembering it.

Note that "they" say the brake fluif is supposed to make the various
rubber parts expand, so that if it leaks when first installed it may
not still leak a week or two later, supposedly.  Of course, by then
the paint has already been stripped off of the bulkhead.  It might
depend too on what kind of break fluif you are using.

I wish you hadn't brought this up, because now that I've hinted that
my problem hasn't recurred, it probably will.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com