Re: Cleaning overflow & WW plastic bottle

To: ms6453@optonline.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cleaning overflow & WW plastic bottle
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:36:27 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/2003 1:17:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ms6453@optonline.net writes:

> Is there a good way to clean the plastic bottles from the overflow &WW.
> They are clean on the inside but the outside has yellowed. I have tried
> soft scrub and green pads with little success. If the cost of chemicals
> exceeds the replacement cost of the bottles I'll let my fingers do the
> walking to one of the big three.
> As always , thanks

Try something like "Cascade" or "Electrasol" detergent for an automatic
dishwasher. At worst, it'll certainly get the plastic clean, and I've had some
success brightening such parts as the plastic reservoir for a master cylinder
after soaking in this stuff.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.