Re: Spitfire O/D GT-6 O/D More Info.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire O/D GT-6 O/D More Info.
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:58:53 -0400
I'll jump in and ask, "why do this?"

The GT6 gearbox is already questionably strong enough for the destroked
TR6 mill, and the Spit box is weaker yet.  Most people contemplating a
swap (by which I mean, everyone on the world except you Jim), tries to
shoehorn a TR6 box in, or do the Japanese 5-speed conversion being sold
out of New Zealand, or else John Esposito's Ford equivalent.

The Spit box won't last in a GT6 unless driven gently.  And, the speed
gear ratios are wrong.  You'll have to redline the thing to keep up with
traffic.

--
Douglas Frank  DigitalWhoopsCompaqImeanHP Co.
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.       These are my principles;