RE: Srink wrap?

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Srink wrap?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:11:39 -0700
> I do not want to use an open flame in the engine compartment next to my
> fresh paint job.  Can anyone suggest an efficient method of shrinking
> the wrap tight?

It takes considerably hotter air than a hair dryer normally provides to
activate the heat shrink tubing.  Sometimes, you can make a hair dryer work
by partially blocking it's air intake (the relative lack of air movement
allows the air to get hotter), but it's difficult to get just the right air
flow and too little will cause the overtemp switch to open, possibly ruining
the dryer.

I'd suggest checking Radio Shack or a hobby store for a hot(er) air gun.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=35776

While I'm flogging HF, I just noticed they have a DVM on sale for $3 !
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=30756

Randall