Re: brake noise

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake noise
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 12:36:53 -0700
 To cap it off,
> install some "universal anti-squeal shims" on the back of each pad.  These
> are aluminum sheets backed with adhesive, I found them in the "Help!"
> section at the local auto parts house (Pep Boys).  I don't have the P/N
> handy at the moment, but I've posted it before.
>
> Randall

Randall,
This is what you posted:
The name is "HELP! Universal Brake Silencer Shim", P/N
13099.  ISTR it was about $5 for a set of 4.

BTW, I tried them and it didn't seem to help. I recently removed them and
tried some anti-seeze on the back of the pads, that helped a little, or
maybe for a little while.
Bob