RE:Rotoflex Coupling Replacement

To: <wzm@pylae.com>
Subject: RE:Rotoflex Coupling Replacement
From: <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:00:02 -0600
Cc: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
i did this on my gt6.  it is not fun, but do-able.  the manual shows you how
to make a tool that releases the pressure on the rear spring and thus the
axles.  it's basically a flat pry bar and if you need more info on it i bet
someone has it (i sent mine with the gt6 to tx).   however, while that is
probably easiest, i did mine with just floor jacks, jack stands and vise
grips !!! just get the bolts in as you can and move the rotoflex coupling
with the jack gently to get the next hole lined up.  time and patience,
that's all it's gonna take.  i took me about 4 hours with no pry bar / tool.
larry