RE: spitfire disc removal

To: <PeterSchop@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: spitfire disc removal
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:44:10 -0700
Peter,

I looked at my Spitfire workshop manual and it shows only the 4 bolts
holding the rotor onto the hub.  Perhaps there is rust or corrosion holding
the two parts together.  I would suggest you put the hammer down and take
some time to examine the parts, as hitting it more will just damage stuff.
As for the grease seal felt, the new seals have new felt.  They are
inexpensive enough that I would just replace them.  If you don't have one, I
would suggest acquiring a Spitfire workshop manual.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6