Re:Road Trip Music

To: Triumph Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Road Trip Music
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:14:35 -0700
> Of course it would be a whole lot better if my `4 had something to
> play it on...;O)

All I listen to in my '3 is the exhaust note which sounds ever so sweet
above about 3400 RPM.  Four tube headers that extend  to the frame,
stock muffler but a TR2 straight pipe instead of the TR3 resonator has
somehow combined into one of the sweetest exhaust tones I've heard this
side of a V12.    What can I say when I come to a tunnel or along side
a wall I gear for the sweetest echo.

But that aside, an iPod would be an ideal solution.  Pack ALL the music
as MP3's and bring it all to listen to.  The 10 gig version holds 7500
normal length songs, the 30 gig version holds about 22,500 songs.
Bring them all

Unobtrusive earphones while driving the TR3 that has no radio,  and
with the transmitter for the Land Rover which has a radio.    The
transmitter is a short range FM transmitter so you tune your radio to
the frequency & listen to your iPod music.

There is still one concept I'm having a hard tome coming to grips with.
  It is legal for a deaf person to drive but illegal for a hearing
person to drive with ear phones because they impede hearing.  Then of
course government employees can drive wearing attenuating ear covers,
and people drive modern sound insulated vehicles with windows rolled up
& the sound system cranked.  I wonder if a deaf person could be
ticketed for wearing earphones while driving?

Anyway, getting back to music, when I start a camping trip in the Land
Rover my usual first pick is Going to the Country by Canned Heat.  For
the TR3, the lead off has got to be Kick it out by Hart.  Of course on
a hot summer day's hill climb it has got to be Cool the engines by
Boston.

I guess for the rice rocket set it would be Plastic Fantastic lover by
The Jefferson airplane.

And of course when I dream about additional cars it would like to have
it would be "White Rabbit" also by the plane plus a little janet ...
'Oh lord won't you buy me a XK120C, 250 GTO, 250 Testarosia, a DB3S,
aDBR2 and a GTZ, Dialing for old race cars is trying to find me, I wait
for delivery each day...

TeriAnn J. Wakeman
      Marigold Ltd.
      www.marigoldltd.com