Carb Problems

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Problems
From: "Richard Crabbe" <rcrabbe@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 20:37:06 -0400
I need some advise on setting up the carbs on my 76 TR 6.
Carbs have been rebuilt, initial setting are from a cross of Hayes Manuel
and article from Buckeye Triumphs.
The car started right up, had to adjust the idle a little however the car
will not take fuel. When I try to increase the throttle it coughs and
bucks - then stalls.
I have called a couple of people in the area but no one seems to be in a
hurry to make a house call.
Can anyone suggest a place to start or try so that I can get the car running
properly to be able to drive to a garage. I have the allen tool to adjust
the mixture however I do not have a flow meter.
Is there some things I should be checking or should I call a tow truck to
get it to a competent person.

Thanks for any input.

Crabby