Pickle fork blues!

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pickle fork blues!
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:10:53 -0700
Hi List,

I thought I might aproach the list for an injection os sanity before I
run to the parts store for a bigger hammer.

I am trying to disconect the links from the lever are of the rear shocks
on my TR3.  Almost needless to say is that these have never been
disconected in the life of the car.  Thus far I have the nuts off top
and bottom, sprayed with, WD40, and wedged a pickle fork into the joint
ithe my hammer.  The only thing that happens is the rubber inside the
link distorts.

Any suggestions of favored approaches to this.  I really don't want to
get out the torch.

        Thanks,
        Tom