Re: Good Beer, Now Favorite Beer Survey

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Good Beer, Now Favorite Beer Survey
From: "Homebru" <homebru@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:02:45 -0400
OK-

I stayed out of this one for awhile, but "I can'ts stands it no more".

I have a friend from San Francisco - probably the beer mecca of the USA.
He and another friend go into what is probably SF's most snobbish pub. (Beer
snobs are a GOOD thing.  My friends say I am not only a beer snob, but a beer
Nazi)

My friend calls the bartender over, and says, "Make mine a Guiness."
The bartender then looks at my friend's friend and says "What'll ya have?"

The guy says, "I'll have a Zima."

The bartender stares him down for a second, then puts his face 6 inches from
the guy and says, "Two Guiness, coming right up."

Bartender turns around and my friend's friend says, "What?  What did I say?"

AFA good beers go, I like to make ales, lagers, bitters, porters, bocks (even
eisbock once!), barleywines, and meads.
If anyone homebrews and doesn't keg, you're missing out.

Favorite bought beer is pretty much anything Belgian, and I am quite fond of
all the styles of those Canadian brewed Unibroues.  If anyone is up in
Cooperstown, NY this summer, there is an excellent Belgian-style brewery
called Ommegang, complete with an Inn.  Unfortunately, I live in the beer
wasteland of the USA - South Carolina.  Pretty much anytime I take a trip,
there is a diversionary "beer hunt" involved.

Thanks for the forum.  I think LBCs and beer go together like...well...girls
and Zima.

Chris - 1967 TR4A - HOMEBRUatmindspring.com