Question about price

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question about price
From: Philippe Ames <philippe@philippeames.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:50:39 -0700
Hello everyone,

We decided to sell our TR3-A . We live in the Bay Area, California. A friend
is showing interest in buying it, but I have no idea how much it's worth.
That's why I signed up on the list.
Please let me know if you have any idea of how much I should ask for this
car, or where I can find any info about pricing.( I did check Ebay)
thanks.

cheers

Philippe Ames

1959 TRIUMPH TR3-A
SHOWS 25959 MILES
TS NUMBER : TS45464L
TRANSMISSION : MANUAL
ENGINE : 4 CYLINDERS
EXTERIOR : ISLAND GREEN
INTERIOR : TAN LETHER with BLACK PIPING

DESCRIPTION

general :
This 44 year old car drives out well with no major problems. The mileage
shows 25918.
It's never been restored, so you see what you are getting. Motor has had a
compete overhaul this year to bring in to a good driving condition. My
father is possibly the second owner since 1977.
General appearance is good. Besides a couple small dents and a scratch, it's
a pretty straight example.

exterior :
It has an attractive "Island green" (grayed yellow-green) exterior. Rust
bubbles on the hood and the paint cracked on a few spots. The chrome needs a
polish but is in good condition. The car has a good looking black soft top
(not original) with side curtains (original), a chrome luggage rack and
tonneau cover.

interior :
The leather dash panel, side walls and back wall are in good condition, but
the seats are old and cracked. The leather color is tan with black piping.
The carpets have been recently replaced. All gages, switches and lights
work. The horn slowly died at the 4th of July parade, and will be replaced.

mechanics :
The engine compartment is not detailed but in good presentable condition,
the brake fluid canister and surrounding is rusted. Battery and case not
original. The brakes have just been fixed. We have the original hand crank
and jack.

This is a nice driving car for possible restoration.