Proper TR3A Bonnet Proprod Configuration

To: "triumphs-digest@autox.team.net" <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Proper TR3A Bonnet Proprod Configuration
From: Phil Evans <phillup@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:30:03 -0400
My TR3A has what I assumed to be a non standard bonnet support
arrangement without a safety catch. I purchased a supposedly NOS part
thru Ebay with safety catch and rod. After attaching forward (safety
catch) end, the end which is suppose to fit the clip on the firewall end
of the bonnet in no way matches the rod to hold it up during bonnet down
configuration.

Does anyone no what is wrong? Is there more than one configuration for
this function?

Phil Evans, TS36903LO 'Kermit'