Re: July 4th Parade

To: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Subject: Re: July 4th Parade
From: Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:50:52 -0400
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I ran my TR3A in our parade. It ran at 185 most of the time then up to
200 for the last part of it. It quit 100 feet after the end of the
parade.
The temp did not go over 200 and it did not boil over. I think the
problem was that the carbs got cooked and the gas vaporized before it
got into the cylinder. I let it sit for 30 minutes and started it up
and drove home. I checked the water level today and I still a half inch
in the neck of the radiator.
I also have had an intermittent problem with it starving for fuel when
driving to work in the morning. If you stop and turn it off  and
restart it all is good again. Carb Icing?
Cheers,
Mike Thompson
59 TR3A