Infamous TR Folks

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Infamous TR Folks
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:18:03 -0700
All this talk about Wayne and Triumphs Only has made me recall another
"infamous" San Jose TR business, Triumph Specialty.  Does anybody remember
them?  They never were able to rip me off, but it surely wasn't for a lack
of trying.  I remomber one time, they sold me GT6 tranny gears for a
Spitfire I had, then tried to blame me when I brought the problem to their
attention.  Another time, they claimed they could get a part for me. Took my
money for 6 months.  When I asked for it back, they wanted to charge me a
"handling charge" for cancelling the order (even though they admitted that
the part would probably never come in).  Mericfully, I think they went out
of business, but they hung around for years in San Jose.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6