Re: Powder coating big stuff!---Whoops!

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Powder coating big stuff!---Whoops!
From: "Andrew H. Litkowiak" <andylit@covad.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:54:52 -0500
Percybal@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 6/28/03 4:08:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Percybal writes:
>

>>Depending on your source voltage input, perhaps
>> not much. A step-up transformer might not be
>> terribly unreasonable.
>>
>> Percy Ballentine
>

> I should have added that you might need a phase
> converter in front of the step-up transformer. How
> many watts does the oven use? Yes, it might be
> possible to install without dismantling one's bank
> account, although the monthly electrical power bill
> would perhaps be rather interesting.
>
> Percy

A decent phase convertor will run some pretty hairy bucks. Fortunately, the
oven
is gas, with 3 phase for the motors, valves, controls, etc. Figure $400-$800
for
the convertor depending on size required.

All the sites I've looked at that carry 230-460 step up transformers indicate
"call for pricing", never a good sign :-)