Summer's here . .. how about a Tonneau?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Summer's here . .. how about a Tonneau?
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:46:43 -0400
So the Spring of '03 is over. . .and hopefully so is one of the wettest and
coldest Springs in the history of Northern Virginia.

I'm sick of parking my car under a tractor trailer at work because there is
going to be another inch or rain.

Now Summer has stepped in with full force.  95 degree days are upon me and
my black vinyl seats.  OUCH!

I've got some Spitfire seats in my TR4.  They are nice cause they have head
rests and you can adjust the angle of the back.
Look pretty good to.

Unfortunately those head rests sorta get in the way of a stock tonneau
cover,  which doesn't have pockets for them.

So I got to thinking . . .maybe someone out there has replaced their TR6
Tonneau cover and it is still in semi serviceable condition and they
wouldn't mind donating it to me.

I could remove all the snaps off of it and put the lift the dot fasteners
from an old TR4 top on and maybe I'd be in business?

Guess I'd also need to locate some TR6 style pins for the front fasteners
near the windshield. . . but that shouldn't be too big a deal either.

I think I'd prefer that to butchering my perfectly good TR4 tonneau cover
and sewing in some head rest pockets into it.

Anyone care to comment or help out?

Thanks in advance.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 everyday