TR water pump experts?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR water pump experts?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:50:22 EDT
Hi Listers,
Good working waterpump was removed a few years ago, and when pulley was spun
manually there was slight dragging which seems appropriate for this type of
rubber seal. Now a few years sitting on the shelf and it spins freely - too
freely! Can I press the impellor ten thousandths or so toward the seal to
regain
light contact (drag again) - and get another 30,000 drip-free miles?
I don't know if the current $14 seal kits on eBay would work on these Quinton
Hazel TR pumps - anybody? Seems they would be the same seals. But then again
moving the impellor a few thousandths might be all it really needs?
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74