RE: TR3a seat belts

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a seat belts
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:48:10 -0400
> Check out <http://www.andoauto.com/>. I've been very happy
> with belts they supplied for my Herald 1200, front and rear,
> without which my children would not be riding in a car they
> love! And somewhere I've got a Triumph Service Bulletin from
> the early 1960s (when only a couple of states required belts)
> that shows the recommended locations for mounts in the TR3
> and TR4. I've really got to find those, scan them and get
> them posted on the VTR web site.

http://www.andoauto.com/replacement.htm
"Lift Up Buckle Non-Retractable Seat Belts"

Okay it looks like these look reasonable to be used in the '3 while not
looking out of place.  The next question is how long?  They have either 60"
or 72"?  Form there webpage they say the following:

.As a general rule, when installing lap belts only, the front positions will
use a 72"
.long belt and the rear will use a 60" long seat belt. An exception to this
would be
.if the vehicle is a two seater or has low to the floor seats, where the 60"
long seat
.belt may be more applicable for both the front and rear mounting positions

Has anyone have experience with belt lengths?  From this statement 60" would
be fine.

And to order the following:

.Lap Belt Underbody Reinforcement Plate w/Attached Weld Nut,Sold Pair.Use To
Add Support
.To Mounting Points When Seat Belts Were Not Originaly Installed Or Plate
Has Become Damaged Or Is Missing.

also,

.Bolt Kit For Mounting Non-Retractable Lap Belt,Gold Chromate Color. One
Required Per Belt

Does this sound right?????

> Oh, and when you've got the belts in, you might even add
> "appropriate" Triumph stickers to the buckles, from
> <http://www.speed6.biz/stickers.htm>. A bit "pricey" (oh,
> there's that evil word again) but very nice quality and a
> nice finishing touch!

 So ordered :-)  She wants a great looking '3 so sometimes it is death in
the details.

Thanks

David Templeton
'59 Triumph TR3a