Project Car Sale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Project Car Sale
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 23:23:10 -0400
Alternate title, 100% Restoration for sale...

While showing my Herald 1200 this past weekend, someone left me a note about a
potential parts car they had available. Well, being of slightly tilted
characteristics, I decided to call, despite the fact I have a completely
restored Herald, and have little need of a full parts car.

So, the gentleman returned my call this evening, and we discussed the car-
turns out it is an early (1962 title) Herald 1200, which he has had since
1970... 60,00 original miles...Very complete...

However(and you were all waiting for this)

The car was involved in a "smoldering fire" several years ago- basically, a box
of plastic items stored within the car ignited and smoldered for several days-
the car was inside a garage, but it never got hot enough once the flames
ignited to really ignite the garage! He noticed after it had gone out the
garage was full of smoke(detached multi car garage) Anyway, the car has been
mildly toasted. The interior- forget about it. Not there any more. Speedo is
there, but the glass is melted. The windshield is melted... The battery is
melted. Wiring is burned up. Paint is burned off. However, as it was a low heat
fire, I could find no sheet metal damage! Only surface rust. Doors even still
open!

I wanted to let you guys know the owner is looking for a new home, and
preferably a reasonable(to both parties) price. I have looked over the car, and
am certain that with a lot of TLC, and a full restoration(full frame off, that
is) one could have a very nice early Herald 1200. Details as follows-

Mark 1(early style) frame
1200 single carb engine
nave plates
convertible
Signal Red
Even the flags are uncracked! Very nice, actually
very restorable
Located in Cherry Hill, NJ(20 min from Philadelphia)

I will be sending the numbers to Andy Mace, for his listing, but am hoping
someone might be looking for a nice early 1200 project car. Contact me
directly, and I will contact the owner and pass along your info.

I have seen this car in person, and have pics I can e-mail if interested
Scott