RE: ...on topic.

To: "'Gerald Van Vlack'" <jerryvv@alltel.net>, Steven McCutcheon <Steven.McCutcheon@MAH.GOV.ON.CA>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: ...on topic.
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:34:49 -0700
People leave lists for all kinds of reasons all the time. I doubt seriously
that we have lost that many real contributors over the (God its been at
least 5 years now that I've been on the list. And, the only reason I've come
to know anything about anyone (Joe Curry, Michael Rothman, Jon Mac come
immediately to mind along with innumerable others on the list) other than
that they all drive Triumphs is a result of "off topic" converstaions. So
name me some contributors who have left the list because we sometimes
digress.  I stay at this stage not because of the strictly Triumph threads
but, in spite of them. After 37 total years of TR ownership, there ain't
much I don't know about keeping one running. And when I do have a problem
that I can't figure, it is the old timers, those who don't whine "off topic"
at the drop of a hat that I get my answers. I stay because through trials
and tribulations, successes, failures, loss and grief, joy and inspiration
and of course the thrills of LBC driving, I have at the click of a mouse, a
community of friends at hand with whom I feel able to talk, albeit
virtually, about all of these events. Out of this virtual community (of how
many now?) what percentage are so anal that they have had to leave because a
topic proceeds for a while that does not meet strictly defined TR criteria.

So there!

Deano