Welcome Back

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Welcome Back
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:04:21 -0700
Nice  to see TeriAnn  back, I missed your always interesting  and
accurate responses.

The UBSCC had a great showing at the Sacramento Shriners Concours, 17
LBCs, weather  was perfect, Casper's only problem was me getting all
the bugs off the front after the drive  from Wallace.  There were
some great cars there,  my personal favorite was a 1953 300S Mercedes
Convertible...awesome  after  a complete restore...now  if I  only
win the Lottery...:-), several great Bentleys including one...wait
for it...one  SideScreen Convertible!!!  I kid you not...the doors
were cut down just like a SideScreen Triumph...now we know Bentley
was not above copying a great idea.
A very nice feature was the " parade of clubs" at the end of the
show, our 17 cars  were  paraded around the paddock, and each  one
was introduced.  Gordon Temple's  1949 Triumph 2000 won 2nd place in
the Concours...don't  know  who  won, but my bet  was on the 300S.
There were  3 TR3As in line before Casper,  introduced  as TR3s,
when it  was Casper's turn he was  first  called  a TR2...I  held up
3  fingers and it was corrected to  "a very  rare  TR3A"...you just
can't  win sometimes...:-)

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3