Re: ...the reliability thread rides again!

To: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ...the reliability thread rides again!
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 19:16:46 -0400
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@dimebank.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 5:14 PM

> >> ...not requiring more than regular maintenance
> > Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!!  Ha, ha, eh, eh, eh...  (whew!)
>
> So then on 2 Jun 2003 at 11:18, Mark Hooper answered:
>
> > I don't know Jim:
> > Last year I drove my TR6 for the whole summer.
>

> These statements aren't contradictory. One merely needs to pay attention
> to the owner's manual and recognize that some "regular" maintenance
> has a weekly interval.
I have "drove/driven" my T/R 3 now for 12 years, over 100,000 miles with 2
break downs on the road, 1 in 1995 as I pulled into the parking lot of the
Holiday Inn in Albany N.Y. with a busted water pump, and 4 years ago as I
pulled into Jacksonville Florida I blew the front U-Joint, both of these
breakdowns were the result of poor maintenance on my part, I knew a problem
was coming on and just put-off repairs, these cars will give you all the
reliability you will ever need, but it requires you to do the same exact
thing for "her", or as my grandfather always said you get what you "PAID
FOR".  "FT"