RE: Brake lights

To: "Alan Hodge" <avhbah@yahoo.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake lights
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:13:50 -0700 FILETIME=[0DD8E690:01C303AD]
> I have just taken the 3 into the body shop.
> While on the way my buddy following me said my brake
> lights were insonsistant.  I recently replaced the
> switch and at first they semed to work OK but now only
> work when I put the brakes on hard.  What should I try
> next.

IMO, another new switch.  The last 3 switches I tried (including one from an
American car) all lasted less than 6 months.  I got mad and converted to a
TR4-style switch (actually from a Dodge I think).

I attributed my switch failures to my higher power brake lights ... but
perhaps it was just a bunch of bad switches.

Randall