Re: Stanpart numbers

To: mporter@zianet.com
Subject: Re: Stanpart numbers
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:42:00 EDT
Cc: kc3565l@sprintmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/15/2003 3:09:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mporter@zianet.com writes:

> Still doesn't
> explain 207045, but just about confirms that the 214947 is the base piston
> for that engine.

Since I think I managed to "explain" 207045, I think we've got it covered
now. Again, neither of those numbers appears in the factory Spare Parts
Catalogue.

> As for the description of a bare piston, it's hard to say what the factory
> considered it to be, since it isn't described in
> the parts manual. For most manufacturers, a bare piston is with the pin and
> without rings, since pistons with floating pins
> have to be sized to the pin for proper clearance.

OK, that makes sense; thanks!

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.