RE: TR3A restrictor valve question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A restrictor valve question
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 15:55:40 -0800
> Thanks Randall.  That's exactly the way it seems. It may have always been
> that way and I haven't noticed, but now that I have, I find it a bit
> disconcerting. Seems like I'll lose a lot of brake fluid removing
> the valve,
> so I'll flush the system and replace it with dot 5 before I get
> any leaks on
> my new paint job.

You'll certainly lose some fluid, but you can minimize it by using something
to depress the brake pedal a bit.  That will close the "foot valve" in the
MC, and prevent the reservoir contents from siphoning out the opening in the
brake system.  I use a modified wood clamp, that I can slide in through the
steering wheel and expand to depress the pedal slightly.

But the DOT 5 is still a good idea IMO.
Randall