Re: LED lights for instrument panels&STOP LIGHTS

To: cak@dimebank.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LED lights for instrument panels&STOP LIGHTS
From: AVALON2455@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:56:34 EST
Chris!

Installed a couple of ll57 LED's in my wife's Jag XKE 2+2 l8mos or so
ago.......very pricey, over $50 per bulb (I here that maybe they are less
expensive now) and also added a JC Whitney 20 bulb LED strip (only $15 plus
shipping) with a homemade bracket in the bottom center of the boot
window.......Very bright now!!!   (Not a 'Christmas Tree Truck" rear end, by
any means........but much, much better......those Jag tail lights are SMALL!)
  I figure those ll57's are more than twice as bright as the originals, the
turn on 0.6 second faster which is like 53'  at 60 mph, last thousands of
hours........thinking about doing the same in the TR4A with the surrey top
(at the bottom of the backlight)

Clark