First of the year

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Subject: First of the year
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:37:56 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h2NNdF0K030255
Message text written by Mark Hooper
>I noticed that even warmed up she would stumble on starting from stop. I
think the temperature compensators are stuck. Certainly the carbs have
never
had any work done other than diaphragm replacement and mixture adjustment.
Was doing the same last year until warmed up, but much worse now as the
ambiant air temp is so low. In the end of the 80s I was driving at -40C a
few times and had no problems so the design is good, just needs a tune up I
guess.
<

Sounds like the carbs are set too lean.  Try a quarter turn clockwise on
the adjuster.

Dave