NON LBC - submersible pump question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: NON LBC - submersible pump question
From: GrubbLaw@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:14:16 EST
Fellow Listers:

Sorry to bother the list with a non-lbc question, but I have found that the
list members are a group of diverse and knowledgeable people.

My problem is the submersible pool cover pump that I hope to be using when
things thaw.  I was "repairing" the wiring when I kicked over the container
that into which I had drained the internal oil.  I assume that the oil is to
disipate the heat of the motor to the housing and in turn to the surrounding
water.

What kind of oil can I put back into the pump?  It looks like baby oil.  Keep
in mind this is a pool cover pump and nothing that ther use over at Three
Mile Island.  (Yes, I am within the 10 mile "cover your fanny and duck"
radius of the facility.)

Please reply off-list. I am on the digest and we don't need to waste
additional band with.

Regards,

Bill Grubb
62 TR4