Re: M.P.G. for a T/R 3

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: M.P.G. for a T/R 3
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:23:06 -0700
Fred Thomas wrote:

>...lastly it says a
>"unmodified" but using special driving techques it attained 71.02 MPG, I have
>no idea what special driving techniques means...

I think this involves a *lot* of coasting, engine off.  Also, gentle
starts, very moderate speeds, a light touch on the accelerator and never
use the brakes (sorta like my old Dad used to drive).  They probably
also put about 50 psi in the tires.

Mid-twenties mpg is about right when I have bothered to check it -- but
definitely more fpg that any other car I've had.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ