RE: Stuck Float Valve

Subject: RE: Stuck Float Valve
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:14:05 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Must be some cheap imitation, I have the same Grosse Jets for the
> last 20 or
> so years, they are stainless steel.  Could be the orifice..

A "stuck" float valve is almost never really stuck, instead what happens is
that a piece of crud gets caught between the needle/ball and it's seat.
Since the chamber is overfull, the float keeps pressure against the
needle/ball and the crud cannot fall out once it's caught.  Generally, it
does fall out when you remove the cover, so the crud is rarely seen except
at the bottom of the chamber.

Marketing hype aside, the Grose jets don't seem to have any advantage in
this area.

Randall