RE: Parts in common between TR6 / Stag

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <stag@digest.net>
Subject: RE: Parts in common between TR6 / Stag
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:22:35 -0800
> Having completed a TR6 restoration and beginning a Stag MK1 project, I've
> noticed some common parts amongst these two models...

I haven't noticed all that many in common with the TR6, except some of the
tranny parts.  Lots of engine parts are shared with the TR7 tho.

> Does anybody have a cross-reference guide/list to shared parts.
> This would
> certainly make the acquisition of parts more affordable since a
> wide-array
> of vendors could supply the parts.

Best I've found so far is to get the Stag SPC (factory Spare Parts Catalog,
ISTR mine came from Motorbooks.com) and match factory part numbers with TR6
vendors like TRF and Rimmers, who also mostly use the Stanpart numbers.
I've been going through the index by part number in my SPC, putting a check
mark next to every part that is carried by TRF.  If you poke around on their
website, there's a copy of their price list, sorted by part number, that
works very well for this.

Randall