TR4 dash 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h24Kim4V005888

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 dash 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h24Kim4V005888
From: "Steven McCutcheon" <Steven.McCutcheon@MAH.GOV.ON.CA>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 15:34:06 -0500
No, the white dash cars are not crinkle.  Simply a soft or yellowy white.  I
have hand-painted them in the past and even quite successfully done one with a
spray can.  Unfortuately, the prep-work is what makes the finished product
shine and if you blow it, its almost harder to re-strip the dash or re-sand it
and start over.  If I were doing it again, I would prep it myself and then take
it to a good collission shop that can mix smaller amounts of paint on the spot
and get them to tint the paint to match an untouched spot (say on the back of
the dash) and then have them spry it and bake it for you.  The end result will
be marvelous and with much less work.  Shouldn't cost too much if you are
willing to wait until they have an open booth.
Cheers!
Steve McCutcheon
1960 TR Italia
1962 TR4 ...sold and very remorseful :'(