Moss' TR6 Braided Clutch Hose?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss' TR6 Braided Clutch Hose?
From: "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:16:15 -0800
>>Has anyone else had difficulty getting the proper braided clutch hose for
TR6?  The one I took off has two male ends and the one in the Moss catalog
seems to show two male ends from what I can see.  But Moss has now proceeded
to send me two hoses with a male and a female end.  Part #584-785 both
times.
Called them after the first wrong hose and told them what I needed and they
said yes it should be two male ends and a mistake must have been made
bagging
it (they come in a MOCAL labeled ziplock bag).  They were kind enough to
send
another one out before getting the other back but today I opened up the
package and I got the same darn thing 1 male end and 1 female end.  So now I
have two wrong hoses to send back to them.

Anyone else had this problem getting a braided clutch hose with the correct
fittings?  Peter are you out there...help!!!>>

I checked and yes the 584-785 has a male one on end and female on the other
- as it should.  The original hoses are just the same, as is the hose on my
TR6.  This is the s/s hose I put on my car.  The earlier Tr.'s used male on
both ends.  TR2-3 s/s = 584-790, TR4 = 584-800, both have male /male
fittings, but of different diameters.  If this IS what you require we could
fix you up, but would need to know what sizes you have.
Once again - male/female IS correct for TR6.

If I can help let me know..

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6 Daily Driver
Domestic Buyer
Moss Motors, Ltd.