Ring gap

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ring gap
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 08:19:54 -0500
Cc: jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie
Hi John,
The usual rule of thumb I have heard is 0.003" per inch of piston diameter,
and I also noted discrepancies in this spec when I rebuilt my engine. I
bought a set of rings for my 87.2 mm pistons from Deves and while at it I
asked about this; they told me mine should be 0.011" to (~?)0.015", and
when they arrived by golly they were right on the low end of the spec.
I really think 0.003" will cause you grief.
Regards,
Jim Wallace
3a 2TS81417L