ebay scam, yes!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: ebay scam, yes!
From: Russ Locke <wtrrtw@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 05:05:47 -0800 (PST)
The only time you should have to go into an account and change the
credit card number is if that number goes away...that is, if you
report your card lost/stolen, etc and a new number is issued to you.
The AOL "account update" scam is as old as AOL itself and has caused
a great deal of grief for unsuspecting customers.  Good credit card
thieves are GOOD! (I work as a CC fraud investigator for a major bank
and see it all.)

Required TR content:  My TR4 is about to get a
colonoscopy...actually, that would be a colonectomy I guess, removal
of the rear end. This weekend I'll spray down all the fasteners with
?? (cant remember the name but it is one of the recommended
penetrating oils) and let it set for a week. Spring is rapidly
approaching the Hill Country and I'd like to drive the 4 to
Fredricksburg for the South Central VTR event.

=====
Russ Locke
San Antonio, TX
(but a Coloradoan forever....)
'02 R1150RT, '98 KLR650, '93 CB750, '64 TR4
PITS, MOA, Oilheads, TR Registry, etc.
MSF Instructor/Rider Coach, etc.
end