Re: Triumph Police Cars?

To: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph Police Cars?
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:19:28 +1100
Bud

I would assume there has to be at least one example of a TR5/6 being
used by the police, but remember the same engine went into the
saloons/sedans and they were definitely used by the UK police.

Where I live (Victoria, Australia), the police used a TR3 (or TR3A)
for a few months in the late 50s or early 60s.  It still exists and
appears in car shows from time to time.

The UK police used a wide range of vehicles during that period,
including Rover P6 3500 V8 for metro pursuit (lots of power and
agility, pity about the bodyroll), Jaguar XJ6 to pursue cars speeding
along the motorways, Land Rovers to follow cars speeding off the
motorways.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U