Re: Refurbishing TR6 Gages - Part II

To: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>, "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Refurbishing TR6 Gages - Part II
From: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:50:27 -0500
Hugh,
The gages on my '74 TR6 were as you describe; had to bend the tabs, crud
between glass and trim ring, paint wearing off the trim rings.  I did get
o-rings for the fit between gage and dash, for large and small gages, from TRF.
They have a square cross section.  I used silicone caulk inside the chrome
rings, smoothed it out almost flush before it hardened.
Also, the black paint on the inner bevel of the trim rings comes off very easy,
apparently it didn't bond well to the chrome.  I just took off the remaining
black paint and buffed the rings a little - I kinda like that look better.
Stan